Monday, October 8, 2007

My Day

"Far away there in the sunshine are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them. but I can look up and see their beauty, believe in them, and try to follow where they lead."
-Louisa May Alcott

About an hour ago, Lore started crying "walka WALKA!" It has been raining today so I wasn't so keen on it. She however, insisted. We walked outside and felt the sprinkles for a minute. I turned left and looked up when I saw a beautiful HUGE rainbow! It was amazing...and then as I pointed to it to show Lore I saw that there were TWO! Exactly parallel to the first was a lighter rainbow. I think Lore knew that Heavenly Father wanted us to see a miracle he created and thats why she squalled at the door to go WALKA! After it was faded a kid from our apartments came strolling by. We talked to him and he walked with us to the mailbox since it wasn't raining anymore. He's in 6th grade and has a 15 year old mean brother. We talked about all sorts of things and I think it was also meant to be. We talked about school and his grandparents who split up because grandpa was loosing his money after a DUI. I'm sure there is much more to the story but it was an opportunity to talk to him about the dangers of Alcohol and other things. I feel so sad for these kids who not only don't get enough love but they don't get any good knowledge or support.
So conference was incredible. Our Bishop asks that all ward members come to the church building and watch conference together. On Saturday we get a catered lunch from the Bishopric and Sunday we have a potluck. Its an amazing chance to come together as a big family. I really love it. Not that Conference isn't enough in and of itself but it is so special to be all together for it.
I went to Dallas Wed-Fri. It was great...I got to see my Mommy and Daddy and sisters. I miss them so much, getting to see them as much as I do still isn't enough. I also got a wonderful chance to see my in-laws. My Mother and Father in-law are now in Utah about to leave for their mission in Russia, and I got to say goodbye in a sweet way. Chris (my mom in-law) didn't know I was going to be in town so Greg (my father in-law) left the garage door open. I stood in the garage while I scooted Lore into the laundry room. She walked into the Kitchen and then I heard Chris gasp and pick her up. It was perfect! We got to see almost everyone in the family and had a great time sharing our feelings and thoughts. Nicks brother took us home, I put Lore to bed and then we went to a movie. It was so nice to go and see a movie at the theater! It was also good to spend time with my brother. I love hanging out with him. I am so lucky...I have the best and biggest family ever! Anyway, today is a good day, I've gotten to look up and see my aspirations and look down(at Lore) and see that I've already reached some of the biggest ones.

No comments: