Sunday, September 2, 2007

First Post

So my friend Lesli has a fabulous blog http://happily.blogspot.com and she inspired me. I am not nearly as computer literate as she is but I thought it was a great idea...so I shall copy it.

It is Sunday and I am sitting in my living room in my cozy apartment. My baby is in bed and the fan is oscillating with that lovely dusty blade sound. My husband is writing in his journal and I have not a care in the world. If you know me at all, you will probably be wiping the computer screen off now from your peals of laughter at me not having a care in the world.

Hi, My name is Abby...I am a worrier. I came out of the womb into this big beautiful world with knitted brows as if to say...whats next? I always want to get to the next step in life, in fact for most of my life I have been absorbed in getting into the next step of my life just so it won't jump out and scare me. However...it is starting to become less frazzling to me to not know when or what that next phase is. I've spent almost 3 years now in waiting mode and have found that it is quite comforting. My husband just passed the bar exam and is currently waiting to start work as an F.B.I. agent. The only hard part is...we have no idea when it will be. The background investigations deadline is Sept 16, but we will still be behind other people in line and will also have to wait for funding. I love waiting for Uncle Sam, he's so predictable! (sarcasm folks)
I am finally realizing though, that I am safe, I am happy and I have this great chance to enjoy a part of my life that will never happen again.

Wait, Could it be that I am finally growing up? Is this why I am loving Relief Society more and more, and not just as an excuse to talk? Is this why I cannot relinquish myself from the grip of childhood development books and constant to do lists. Good Grief...I've had a stroke...I just admitted I make lists! Its true isn't it!

I AM ON TIME FOR THINGS!

I EVEN GET PLACES EARLY!

Someone please call my mother have her sit down, give her a Diet Coke, make sure she swallows and gently tell her she has a twin she never knew about who is about a third her age. I am officially an adult. I guess the realization came not from getting married, not from having a child, not from legal alcohol purchases(everyone knows I don't drink), and definitely not from getting some sort of college degree(what can I say I am a dropout with a MRS degree), but from making lists. I am responsible! And not because I have to be! Because I LIKE it that way! (Gasp!)

You know, on second thought, maybe I always have been and just wanted to be like people around me and so I pretended I wasn't. Hmm, my mother was right AGAIN! She's always known I was her twin! AMAZING. I rant...I rave....I'm done. Until next time! CIAO

P.S. My kid totally rocks, she pooped in the potty on the
day she turned 18 months, and true to logic has not done it since.

2 comments:

le said...

Did Lore realize she was pooping in the potty? Or did you just hold her there? Man boys are so far behind girls, Josh thinks the toilet is a funny thing that water whishes in. I could totally never get him to go and realize what he is doing. I forgot do they have the same birthday or just close? Josh is the 16th. BUT!!! He does love nursery. And I love that he loves nursery. We just drop him off and leave, its fabulous.

Grandpa said...

Abby...you are a nut!! Clever posts and very cute pictures, BUT I still can't believe how comfortable you are talking about poop!!! Maybe this is a new mother thing. Oh well, your our nut and we love you.

Lore's Grandpa Shepard